Put Gastronomic Festivals and Events on your To-Do list this Summer!
With the summer in full swing, cities, restaurants and gastronomic companies from all over the world are putting together their best extravagances and festivals for the public to enjoy. Whether it’s a wine tasting or a food festival, gastronomic events do not disappoint. Let’s be honest, there’s nothing that people love more than food and there’s nothing that brings people together the way food does. Summertime is the perfect time to be outside and experiencing new things, and that includes new foods. So don’t miss out this summer, and make sure you make your way to at least one gastronomic event. Gastronomic events give you the opportunity to spend time outside after a long winter. Talk about much needed downtime! Attending one of these events is a good way to get out of your normal day to day routine, try need foods, drink, socialize and enjoy the summer day. Lucky for you, these gastronomic events are plentiful all over the world:
1. Smorgasbord- Brooklyn, NY- This flea market is held every Saturday and Sunday throughout the entire summer. It is home to over 100 different vendors.
2. The Great Fish Day- Dalvik, Iceland- Celebrate your love for fish and seafood in Iceland! This event is annual because the locals just can’t get enough of it! .
3. The Barcelona: Taste- Barcelona, Spain- The first tapas tour in Barcelona. Need I say more?
4. Stragusto 2015- Trapani, Italy- A more low-key festival featuring a taste of street foods in the Mediterranean. A great experience without the crowd!
5. Stuttgarter Weindorf- Stuttgart, Germany- Wine lovers rejoice! German beer is top-notch, but German wine severely underrated. Sample over 500 different wines at this event!
6. FIOC-Long Island, NY- Todos somos Columbianos! This small Columbian festival has it all. The food and the music will give you a taste of real Columbian culture.
7. Festival of Salt- Nin, Croatia- Talk about a unique festival! Salt is a hot commodity in Nin, so every year Nin celebrates a tradition that has been around for decades!
8. Taste of Blackwood Festival- Bridgetown WA, Australia- A market style food festival featuring all the products made in the Blackwood Valley Region in Australia.
9. Bakewell Baking Festival- Derbyshire, UK- The perfect festival to satisfy your sweet tooth!
10. Crepe Festival- Gourin, France- It doesn’t get anymore French than crepes! Celebrate the tradition with typical French costumes and music.